Friday 22 November 2013

The Empties Post #1



So Ive recently been ploughing through a few products and the bottles have been cluttering the bathroom shelves. Before chucking them away, I thought it was due time for an empties post. I find that an Empties post provides a more concrete opinion on a product as you've experienced the formula at its full potential and hopefully noticed the supposed benefits.

Bioderma- 
Fact. Micellar waters are my best friend when it comes to removing make up. They're simple, alcohol free and don't leave the skin feeling tight as with most cleansing wipes. Theres no doubt in my little mind that I would of course repurchase this but its simply a question of accessibility and if I'm willing to splash out on water with a few chemicals.

No7 BB Cream - 
This was my very first go of a BB cream and at the time was a phenomenal change from a full coverage foundation. However, I did purchase this when my skin was on the slightly dryer side so the formula is normal/dry. Since then, my skin has done a complete 180 and so when I've attempted to apply this, has made my face resemble a grease pan. 

L'Oreal Micellar Solution-
 As I was rambling with Bioderma, I go through micellar waters like a fat kid goes through cake. It performs equally as well as Bioderma and at a fraction of the price (£4-£5), making this a definite repurchase... In fact, I think I have a new bottle sitting upstairs already. I did do a separate post comparing both these micellar solutions so I will link it HERE if you want more of an in depth review.

L'Oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray- 
I must admit, this is a very well loved hairspray according to the general public but  I sadly don't see the hype with it. Sure its weightless and undetectable to the touch but it just does not hold my curls in at all! It gets frustrating that I spend so long volumizing my hair to perfection just to have it fall flat in less than an hour. To be fair, my hair is naturally pin straight but I need a product that is going to lock in my precious creation. So any recommendations will be highly treasured!

Batiste Dry Shampoo - 
This is just about the only dry shampoo I have ever used. while it does dry out my scalp a little, I find it to be just an easy, affordable product that simply does what it says on the tin... or canister and will forever more be a repurchase.

MAC Fix + - 
This was also a repurchase as I've had one previously. It does all sorts... intensify pigments, de-powder the face etc. It's a rather nifty product to have at hand when doing your make up on a daily basis. Of course, there will be cheaper products on the market that do the exact same thing but for now, this is doing the job just fine. 

So theres a little insight into my thoughts on products that I've used up and I'm sure there will be many more of these posts to come in the future! 


4 comments:

  1. I'm one of those who loves empties posts :)) I'm about to do one myself as I finally managed to finish some products :) Batiste is a must-have for me and I really want to try MAC Fix+ :)) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to, will have to check yours out :) xo

      Delete
  2. i have been wanting to try that loreal micellar solution for a while!glad you think it is really good!:)

    ReplyDelete