Wednesday 23 October 2013

AUTUMN PICKS: Lips









So a few of you may know by now that lip products are possibly more than a weakness to me and I never really feel fully satisfied unless I return from a shopping trip without a sparkling new lipstick at hand. Suffice to say, if there was ever a 'lipsticks anonymous' group session I'd surely be the first to sign up and admit to my addiction. Going completely off topic as per usual, but I just wanted to share a few of my favourable picks that shall be sweeping my lips this fall. 

MAC's 'Plumful' - I don't think this choice even needs an explanation, it has featured in far to many of my posts but I just find the light warm berry tone to be the epitome of fall so it couldn't be ignored. 

MAC's 'Rebel' - This happens to be my most recent purchase and I almost felt a need for it seeing as though every blogger and her dog seems to own this beauty. My last year self would have never looked  twice at this deep purple offering but I thought I would rock the boat a little this year. The formula is 'satin' which I had yet to have tried surprisingly, but so far, I haven't had any queries. 

Manhattan Soft Mat Lip Cream in '54L' - Seems as though Manhattan weren't feeling all to creative when naming their products. However, the lovely formula makes up for the lack of an inventive name, though it is matte, I don't find it to be drying on the lips. Full to the brim with pigmentation and wears beautifully, I would highly recommend them if you can get your hands on it. 

Revlon Lip Butter 'Pink Truffle' - Now whats a lipstick pick (hehe that rhymed) without a lip butter. I am in love with these beauties. From the formula, pigmentation to packaging, I certainly can not fault it. Revlon definitely hit the nail on the head this time. This shade is just a simple, easily worn darker nude with a slight pink hue which I find would suit many a skin tone. 

Rimmel Moisture Renew in 'Lets Get Naked' - I'm not going to reveal too much in this post as there will be a separate review coming shortly after. I'm just going to let you in on a little secret and say MAC's 'Shy Girl' may be feeling slightly betrayed. 

Any recommendations on Autumn/Winter lip products are welcome :) 

1 comment:

  1. lovely post hun!
    these all look like gorgeous shades!

    Laura xox

    ReplyDelete