Monday 14 October 2013

MAC RiRi hearts fall Collection: RiRi Woo







Lets just take a minute to marvel at the splendour (as my biology teacher would say...) at this simply divine packaging. I'm an absolute sucker for pretty packaging, but when sights turn to Rose gold, well then thats enough to make me weak at the knees. When first witnessing the collection's release and pictures nearing the end of summer, I had my eyes set on RiRi Woo as wasn't fast enough to snap it up in the previous collection. 

Having yet owned some shade of Red from MAC's vast selection of lipsticks, I was eager to see how it would fair to a drugstore formula. Granted the Limited Edition packaging alongside the engraved signature made this product all the more luxurious and though may have swayed me just a smidge; wanting a trusty 'go to' Red is still an ongoing battle for me. 

It is in fact a glamourous red hue and paired with minimal eyes makes your look all the more timeless with that shockingly deep pop of colour. Although the formula isn't ideal being a 'Retro matte' as it is obviously on the more drying side,  it does stop the colour sliding throughout the day as a typical gloss would. So in respects to lasting power it definitely can holds its own for a good few hours.
 I do know it is a spin off on Ruby Woo and that was a shade I was always interested in trying, so purchasing this is like killing 2 birds in 1 stone essentially. Although I do cringe at that phrase... I don't really want to be murdering any birds... 

Anyway, the price was set at £16.50 which I swear goes up every time I buy a MAC lipstick. So as if they weren't pricey before, Im sad to say that I think I will have to cut down on my hoard for now. *sigh*

If this is still in stock then I do highly recommend you go pick one up, not just for the stunning packaging, although maybe a bonus, it is classic red that no one really can go wrong with! Plus, the other 3 lipstick offerings in this collection didn't seem all that appetising. maybe if I was feeling daring on the day of purchase then I could have swerved toward wanting to give 'Talk that Talk' a whirl. 

2 comments:

  1. I have this and absolutely love it. Such a gorgeous shade. I love how you take your pictures :)

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww thank you :) i love taking the pictures!

      Xo

      Delete