Wednesday 30 October 2013

THOUGHTS: Nivea Express Hydration Primer



Though the drugstore has skilfully mastered most beauty products that have hit the high end counters, I still find that primers are an aspect they have yet to perfect. I must admit, I've tried my fair share of budget primers but none seem to give me that long lasting, air brushed finish I desire that will also keep me matte. So winter is well on its way and I figured that if this worked well, would kill two birds in one stone, making my morning routine slightly more time efficient.

The consistency of the product itself is somewhat new to me. The best way I can describe it is if the cream and gel had a baby, this would be the result. This odd texture does however work to your advantage as a little product does go a heck of a long way and absorbs to the skin almost instantly.

This claims to provide a smooth base for an even application of foundation or bb cream and it certainly is true to its word. It isn't a typical silicone based finish but more a hydrated, fresher faced look so I don't worry about the whole clogging pores issue as with silicone. In terms of longevity, I would say it does fairly well. Of course, my contour and blush does still wear through the day but foundation wise, I definitely have noticed a lasting difference. Also, I find that my T-zone has been less on the oily side, now I don't know if that's been due to the drop in temperature or this product but either way, its kept some of the oil at bay.
Of course if you are looking for a primer to mask those large pores or fill in a few fine lines, then you would have to opt for stronger formula e.g Benefits Porefessional but if you're just looking for a natural, even finish for an everyday look then I would highly recommend this as an affordable and easily accessible option.
At £4.99, this will definitely be a repurchase for me, though I'm still on a hunt for a thicker formula to keep my face oil free, this is perfect for casual college purposes.
So if anyone can recommend a primer for oily skin that would be great!

1 comment:

  1. I've just done a review on this too. Was surprised at how good it was but I purchased the dry skin version.
    Clare
    Xox

    Budgetbeautyhealth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete