Monday 21 October 2013

THOUGHTS: NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss





I must admit, when it comes down to beauty products, lipgloss is an aspect that I'm neither here nor there with. The tacky texture swept across the lips often results in half my head of hair glued to my face and that most certainly will never be an attractive trend, though peculiar some fashion statements maybe. 

However, on my travels to the US, I thought I would give the humble lipgloss a second chance and test out a much loved blogger favourite: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in 'Beige'. Now lets just address the most obvious of statements in that this shade definitely does not resemble any sort of beige, but the lovely light blue toned pink it does hold compliments that of many skin tones. 

The formula of these lip glosses are simply luxurious compared to many I have had the misfortune of trying previously. Free of stickiness (which is a definite win) and true to colour, with high pigmentation. Oh and lets not forget the divine smell of cherries this formula holds, which means re-application is really not a problem. 

The packaging, at first glance, seems quite simple, but that adorable bow at the top sort of just won me over. I know, a tad weird that a bow has won my heart but I'm such a sucker for packaging its actually unhealthy.
 The doe foot applicator it provides makes it all the more easy to apply an even coat and I do much prefer that over a brush. 

All in all, I think this gloss has officially won me over. It's comfortable, care free and most importantly, stick free! Along with the fabulous price of £6.00 on the UK site, this product is perfect for if you are on a budget and not wanting to sacrifice on quality. 
 Which forces me to re-think the grudge I hold over the innocent lip gloss. I may even have to cave and order more from the site. 

any more recommendations for non sticky lip glosses?

4 comments:

  1. I have probably one lipgloss as I just really dislike the formula of some but this sounds perfect! It's awful when they're so sticky and your hair gets stuck to your lips but this actually looks great on the lips and the colour looks so wearable.

    Kathryn x
    effievanity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree! it gets way annoying, but I find this this is to be quite wearable :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love these! I recently reviewed one of them in the shade 'natural' really like the look of this one too hun. Now following bia Bloglovin' xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the follow :) ooh I will have to check it out!

      xo

      Delete