Sunday 20 October 2013

The Autumn Post





Left to Right: MAC's 'Rebel | Revlon's 'Berry Smoothie' | MAC blush 'Pinch Me' 

This post had to be done. I absolutely adore changing up my make up to fit the seasons. Granted, I usually just go with the flow and sport a dark lip in the summer if I please, but generally, I like to look like I suite the weather. 
So with autumn/fall come the classic dark burgundies, berries and rustic tones which I do tend to steer towards and these are just some of my favourites. 

EYES
No7 Eye Palette - I have had this lurking in my draws for the longest time and only recently rediscovered this beauty whilst 'shopping my stash'. Unfortunately, it doesn't bear a name so it's a little disappointing. The shades in this palette are simply the epitome of fall; a beautiful colour payoff and easily blend-able, this is definitely a 'go to' palette for me at the moment. 

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'Metallic Pomegranate' - These are definitely a favourite all year round and are beautiful both on its own as a wash of colour over the lid; evem used as a base to accentuate shadows. I also find this compliments the No7 palette perfectly.   

FACE
MAC blush 'Pinch Me' - During the fall, I like to go for a warmer tone on the cheeks and this blush just gives off a lovely flush of colour with the slightly darker berry tone to it. Supposedly, the formula is 'sheer tone' however, I find that it is quite highly pigmented so a lighter hand is needed. 

LIPS
MACs 'Rebel' - I actually just purchased this a couple of days ago but I can tell this is going to be dearly loved throughout the season. I was, at first glance, quite intimidated by the deep purple hue but it's simply to gorgeous a statement lip to pass up.

Revlon Lip Butter 'Berry smoothie' - If rebel isn't really to your comfort zone, then this is perfect if you're going for a sheer wash of colour, whilst still wanting to remain some what seasonal. I'm absolutely in love with the whole Lip butter's collection and would highly recommend them all! 

NAILS
At this time of the year, I go for one of 2 options, both at relatively opposite ends of the spectrum. The classic vamped burgundies or a slick neutral shade; I feel either compliment autumn trends really well. My 2 current favourites are Essie's 'Berry Naughty' and Barry M's 'Lychee'

So there's my seasonal picks! 
Comment below what some of your favourite beauty products are this season! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pinch me blush, i've been using it for ages! :)
    Beth xxx
    http://bethsadventuresinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete