Saturday 19 October 2013

Lets Talk Lip Care



Autumn is officially in full swing, hence the lovely seasonal change in background. However, the weather it drags along with it can reek havoc on our precious lips and lets face it, no one wants to be sporting the chapped lips trend this fall and winter. So in order to keep them in lip locking condition, here is my combination of products to see me through.


LUSH Popcorn Lip Scrub 
This is essentially an exfoliator for the lips, containing a mix of sugar crystals, jojoba and coconut oil. Buffed onto those smackers will make for a perfectly smoothed base. I tend to use this during the end of my night routine and slather a good helping of lip balm shortly after. LUSH says that you can lick this scrub off after application but I'm not all too keen on the flavour so I tend to just wash it off with a clothe afterwards. 

EOS Lip Balm in 'Strawberry' 
This is by far a 'holy grail' product for me and have one lurking in just about every place you would ever need a lip balm. This is quite a solid formula in caparison to the likes of Carmex, so I find this lasts on the lips much longer. I have previously had this featured on a post if you want a more detailed review (LINK)

VASELINE Rosy Lips 
I know what you're thinking ... 2 lip balms?
 Now I'm going to let you in on a little secret...  Vaseline or petroleum jelly doesn't actually, I've found, provide hydration to the lips. It works on the basis in that it acts as a barrier, preventing moisture from escaping but unfortunately not allowing any to enter. So in order to use this concept to my advantage, I simply use the EOS lip balm first then layer this over the top. Clever huh? 

So theres the secret to keeping my lips perfect this fall and winter!

4 comments:

  1. Lick the scrub off?!!!!! Yuck
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i know, sounds gross! but its essentially just sugar and oils so you could if you wanted :)
      xo

      Delete
  2. I never knew about vaseline being a barrier! That's such a good idea to layer to make the hydration last longer! I also love EOS, amazing!

    Claudia xx

    Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, its a cool concept though :) ooh same, EOS is a favourite! xo

      Delete