Thursday 17 October 2013

THOUGHTS: Rimmel ScandalEyes Felt Tip Liner




I will admit, Ive been quite lazy this past week. I do tend to love experimenting with shadow combinations on a daily basis, but It's all just gone a bit down hill if I do say so myself. So during my so called 'sloth week' Ive just been sticking to a simple winged liner and my statement lip of choice, which has recently been my new RiRi Woo.
Despite my love affair with the mighty gel liner, this new product has been my newest weapon of choice. 


Now I was never really that on board with the whole felt tip liner sh-bang when it hit the stores as I didn't think I would have enough control over the flimsy tip. However, in my eyes, this liner has perfectly struck that healthy balance between firm and thin. 

The nib isn't too long in length to ensure you still have absolute control on where the tip is going and making sure it's not doing its own thing. The width is also spot on in that it can give you a desired thick wing, but at the same time will achieve a thin slick on the lash line. However, the actual formula doesn't come out all that intense and does take some building up to achieve an opaque line. 

The formula is said to waterproof... though I would use the term loosely. If a few tears happen to be shed then the liner will stay fairly in tact. However if you find yourself plodding home in torrential showers then panda eyes are a great possibility. 

Suffice to say, I'm feeling a little guilty that I cheated on and betrayed my beloved gel liner but this product just makes winged liner a quick and simple job on those rushed mornings. There are definitely better offerings on the market, but I guess it will have to do for now. 

5 comments:

  1. Would you recommend this as i really need a new one and can't decide on what to get?!? And wo doesn't have a 'sloth week' haha!

    Smilessor.blogspot.co.uk

    Tamara
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely :) I'm sure there is better if you are willing to splash out but for a drugstore liner, it is perfect and certainly does the job :)

      xo

      Delete
  2. I love felt tip liners, never really been able to master any other kind! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks brilliant, rimmel on the whole have been a brand I have been adoring as of late! and the swatch for that is too tempting to resist...hurry up payday!!
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love rimmel products in general! haha have fun on payday ;D xo

      Delete